Welcome to Shiralee Stitches. I live on a cattle farm in Australia with my family.
I am passionate about all things fabric so much so I started my own online and mobile store. Link is on the sidebar to my store. I teach patchwork classes and take my shop to quilting and patchwork groups and also attend various craft markets.
I love English Paper Piecing, applique, machine quilting, working with woven wools. I have started making my own designs which I love.

Sunday 11 March 2012

The 'So' Post....SO long, SO busy, SOOO excited!!!

Oh golly it has been far too long since I last posted....sorry my friends. I have lots of excuses, including technical issues and being very busy writing my school program ....but they are excuses......naughty me!!

So......I have explained the SO long (between posts), and the SO busy (work), but why am I SOOO excited???
Yes, you guessed it!!....my trip to Nundle to the lovely Kerry's Girls Day in the Country is only less than 2 weeks away. I am taking Mum and my sewing friend Jenny and we are making a 4 day getaway.....we are all very excited, especially Jenny as this is her first GDITC and she has heard all my stories of fun and laughter and good friends from last year..

Soooo....the rush is on.......the rush and sewing fever to try to finish my show and tell. As I've said before, Sue Daley, the English Paper Piecing "Queen" is our tutor and I'm trying desperately to complete her 'It Takes Two' quilt to share. It has been a slow work in progress to do all the EPP, assemble the quilt, add some hand stitching, and now to quilt.....and if you know me, you'll understand the slow speed....I agonise over all of it .!!

Here's a sneak peek....can't give away too much as most of my readers are coming to Nundle and I'd rather they see it in the real......


....I had a bit of a scare today...thought I'd run out of thread...none of the right colour in the drawer.......then I found it on the bench, remembering it had been set aside all ready to go!!!....whew!!  ..and I live 1 hour from the nearest store to get any, and wouldn't make it till Thursday.......

Sooo....must get that machine whirling.......got lots to plan and organise too....does anyone else leave meals for their crowd left at home????...that's the worst part about going away............

13 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Looking forward to seeing it!!!! But don't rush - take care with it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Look at you go....looks gorgeous...can't wait to catch up..

Susan said...

Your quilt looks gorgeous - can't wait to see it.

Unknown said...

Looking Really Pretty...Love your Quilting...can't wait to see it in the flesh...
cheers

Anita said...

Can't wait to see your quilt - looks beautiful!
And no I don't leave meals for those left at home......they can survive for a few days fending for themselves!! You must spoil yours LOL

Googy Girl said...

wow....it looks great.....can't wait to see it in the flesh and you.....11 days to go......

Yvonne W said...

Your quilt looks lovely--the colours are great on the light background. Impressed by your machine quilting ( I cannot do that). I do leave meals when I go away too---maybe it makes me feel less guilty at going away and having a good time!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

meals..........LOL........they can fend for themselves......they might appreciate you a little more when you return......only cause we live out of town sometimes I make sure there is food to prepare but they can wing it........
can't wait to see you and your quilt......and see your Mum again.....

Cardygirl said...

Your quilting looks great...looking forward to seeing you soon!

Grethe said...

GREAT quilting,I`ve got a Pfaff,so why does it not do the same lovely quilting-loops??!! Of course, your doings; lovely:-)
Have a super day at Girls Out meeting, we up north here are looking forward till October when Sue D is visiting.

Jenny said...

Oh sandy what a challenge- you look like you have it in hand though. It looks brilliant. See you soon.

DAWNIE said...

Wow this is looking fabulous. Looking forward to meeting you at Nundle

Chocolate Cat said...

Didnt we have a great weekend? Was so lovely to meet you. Your quilt was just beautiful. I don't leave meals but I do write a lot of lists so nothing is forgotten!!!