I have been sewing some candlewicked blocks for years now, and finally have finished the 25 blocks, joined them etc and begun the quilting journey.
I decided to quilt a feather motif in each corner of each block (25 x 4 = 100)!!!!!! Needless to say it has been a mammoth job, but I love the result, and it is great fun to drop the feed dogs on the machine and just "go for it".
Onto the borders now....I use "quilt and tear" paper.........don't quite trust myself yet without that guidance.
Here's a bit of a view of the overall effect, but it looks a bit crinkly on the table......better one to follow when I finish.......