Welcome to Shiralee Stitches. I live on a cattle farm in Australia with my family.
I am passionate about all things fabric so much so I started my own online and mobile store. Link is on the sidebar to my store. I teach patchwork classes and take my shop to quilting and patchwork groups and also attend various craft markets.
I love English Paper Piecing, applique, machine quilting, working with woven wools. I have started making my own designs which I love.

Friday 1 April 2011

A Finished Quilt...

I am doing a "Happy Dance", as the long journey of making a candlewicked quilt comes to a close. It's been going on for a few years now....and here it is...
It is quite a large quilt so it fits nicely on our queen sized bed......I love the texture created with the knots, and then added to with quilting motifs.....some close-ups....

I'm not sure that the photos do the quilt justice....but you get the idea, I guess....
Now, after a quick tidy up of all the quilting gear, and a reset of the machine back to normal stitching, just what will I go on to next........Hmmmmmm.....let me go and see........

11 comments:

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

Oh WOW,can I be in your will...LOL
I luV candle wick...Just Beautiful

Lyn said...

That is a beautiful quilt- lovely candlewick designs and fantastic quilting- you deserve to be doing your happy dance!

Thimbelina said...

This quilt it just amazing! What a feeling it must be to have it finally finished! Gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. We are now partners for Doll Swap #2. I couldn't find any info about you so thought this would work for us to meet. I take it you live somewhere in Australia. Fun. Your candlewick quilt is amazing. I think I would have tossed it or given it away a long time ago. Your quilting is amazing. I really like using the paper too although I don't use it all that much with my long arm as I did when I used my domestic sewing machine. Stop by for a visit at institches with Bonnie . blogspot.com B.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh wow this is gorgeous.....so much work.........I have never done candlewicking.........it's great to have it finished.........love all the photos..........

white is not a colour I could have here on the bed.........

Anonymous said...

WOW...what a beautiful quilt!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sandy. Looks beautiful covering the bed.

Jenny said...

Wow! What an amazing, beatiful quilt. Its just georgeous.Youv'e done a great job. It must have taken you hours.You are very talented.

Unknown said...

I started Candlewicking years ago and had major plans for a quilt...well that went out the window...
Congratulations on getting your quilt finished it is just Beautiful...makes me want to get stuck into it again...
cheers

Bec said...

Stunningly beautiful....such an accomplishment! Beautiful quilting work too.

Anonymous said...

OMG this is so beautiful,well done