Welcome to Shiralee Stitches. I live on a cattle farm in Australia with my family.
I am passionate about all things fabric so much so I started my own online and mobile store. Link is on the sidebar to my store. I teach patchwork classes and take my shop to quilting and patchwork groups and also attend various craft markets.
I love English Paper Piecing, applique, machine quilting, working with woven wools. I have started making my own designs which I love.

Sunday 10 April 2011

It's Great to Stitch-a-Long with others.....................

As soon as I heard about a group of ladies stitching a quilt together, their own, but at the same time, I was keen....Chookyblue signed me up ( thanks Chooky!),and I set off to buy the book, gather fabrics and get stitchin' to catch up !!!!
Here's the results so far.......I have completed the set plan for March........3 little stitcheries (there are 12 in the whole quilt).....
Oh, and I've added the borders too.....Here are some closer piccies........


I love checking out the blog to see all the various fabric choices and 'twists' on the original. Someone has posted this months blocks already.....cripes, I'd better get moving.....I've heard that Chooky cracks the whip if you slow up too much !!!!   lol....I'm off to stitch........

7 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful stitching and fabrics!!
Lisa

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your blocks look wonderful.....great fabric choice..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks!! Lucky you know about the cracking the whip thing! ;)

quiltygal said...

Welcome to Blogland looks as if you had a great time at GDITC....beautiful projects

Unknown said...

Your Blocks look Great...
Lovely Fabrics..
cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

they look great.........fun to stitch aren't they...........no need for me to crack the whip here yet..........lol........

Bec said...

Great looking blocks, such lovely little stitcheries!