Welcome to Shiralee Stitches. I live on a cattle farm in Australia with my family.
I am passionate about all things fabric so much so I started my own online and mobile store. Link is on the sidebar to my store. I teach patchwork classes and take my shop to quilting and patchwork groups and also attend various craft markets.
I love English Paper Piecing, applique, machine quilting, working with woven wools. I have started making my own designs which I love.

Sunday 3 April 2011

A New Bag....For Sewing ...

I was so inspired when I met Anni Downs at GDITC, that I decided I needed to get busy and finish this bag that I started some time ago.
It is called "Sewing Store", and this is a close-up of the applique and stitchery....
I chose this ticking fabric as the lining....
I plan to use this bag to cart all my sewing treasures to and from craft group on Thursdays, and also to load all my purchases in when I visit the craft shows.

13 comments:

Cardygirl said...

You have done a wonderful job...it is beautiful...love the ticking lining!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Love it. Just wondering... how big is it? Are you sure it'll hold all the crafty purchases you're likely to make?! I'd need one of those granny baskets on wheels I think! ;)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your bag!
Lisa

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am with the rest of the girls....fantastic love the bag..

Chookyblue...... said...

love your bag.....have the pattern need to get it done.............does this mean your going to the Quilt Show???

Googy Girl said...

The bag is just lovely
it's funny how you start to recognize the designers, as soon as i looked at it i thought that looks like one of Anni's projects....

Bonnie said...

Hum, the bag looks big enough for patterns and threads but if I were doing damage in the fabric areas I'd need something bigger... maybe. It is very cute. Sorry I don't recognize the designer... note to self -- read more Australian bloggers! B.

Anita said...

Love it!!

Nicky said...

Oh sew cute! I really love that scalloped border at the top - you've made a lovely job. Happy stitching and shopping with it.

Unknown said...

Lovely Fabrics you have used in this Bag...Love the Applique & Scollop too...
Thanks for popping over to my blog..
cheers

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

How sweet, wish I had time to stitch....

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Sandy.... Perfect for your sewing and purchases. Maybe NOT big enough.

Bec said...

Love this bag, I made mine up last year and just love using it. Have you seen the one Dawnie made for SSCS last year??? She made it in black and whites with a little red - looked awesome!
I am sure you will use this bag heaps!